Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Tuesday 18 January 2011

New Year's Resolution

To finish my UFO's

This is a small wallhanging that I made a while back, but when I started it, it was intended to be much larger. 



The background blocks are log cabin, I had a new Marti Michell log cabin ruler to play with, and I made up 16 blocks.
The original pattern is from a japanese book by Keiko Miyauchi called Applique Flowers.
I wanted to repeat the pattern four times for a large wall hanging, but at the time size mattered and I was finding that if a made a large quilt, I got intimitated and couldn't finish it, so I just made a four patch block and Yay I finished it!!


But that left me with 12 blocks so I sewed then together like this.



But from the same book was this pattern



So I made up another 4 blocks and sewed them together again to make this


The only thing now is the round pattern doesn't want to fit the square borders so this is the new design



Im now appliqueing on the flowers, but unlike the smaller quilt these flowers are going to be hand appliqued not machined.

No comments: