Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Saturday 19 March 2011

Happy National Quilting Day!

I have been quilting feathers today, I have been working on the inner side of the my whimsical feathers and doing the scrolls.


At the moment I have only added one little scroll on the outide of the feather, I have'nt decided if its a keeper and if I want to add more.


Next I auditioned the feathers for the border, and marked out the stem.
I got the angle wrong though they are a bit too straight and I'm not especially pleased with how they turned out!


I decided to quilt complete feathers in the border and not one sided, I definitely prefer the left side to the right, but now I'm not sure whether I should have stayed with the one sided ones.


I think I will stop for today, until I decide what to do.

I hope you had a lovely quilting day too!

 Patricia

2 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Wow - first the grogeous applique and now the gorgeous quilting! Lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Mary-Kay said...

Wow! Your quilting and applique are beautiful.