Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Friday 29 April 2011

Happy 40th Birthday to me!!

It has been my 40th birthday today,  I had loads of sewing goodies and money to spend on more!

I spent the morning watching the Royal Wedding which was lovely, and to carry on the Royal theme I thought I would post some photo's of Buckingham Palace in 2009, when I attended a Royal garden party with my husband, who is a Welsh Guards veteran and our friends Paul also a veteran and his wife Sue, the garden party was for the Not Forgotten Association.



Me and Sue outside Buck house, I look ready to pee my pants I was so excited!

Me and hubby Robert

Me again very excited to be eating Royal strawberries!

High tea tiny cakes and sandwiches

And a very handsome Beefeater
 The weather was lovely, we got to stroll around the grounds which were beautiful,  it was an awesome day and one I will always remember.

Patricia

5 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Happy Birthday.....I watch the wedding today too; was beautiful!!

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Patricia. Enjoyed your photos from the garden party. The high tea looked delicious and you all looked very smart.!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I watched the wedding and it was gorgeous.I had goosebumps when the crowd was cheering for the Queen and Kate when they arrived.

Lorraine said...

A Belated Happy 40th to you too! I am your birthday twin (my B/D is also 29th April) what a great day for a birthday, I spent mine at our daughter's home (sadly a TV free zone so only saw bits on the news later in the day!) and was spoiled ROTTEN with a lovely lunch then Tea and Birthday Cake WITH CANDLES, my best birthday for years!!!:-))So glad you enjoyed yours. Will add you to my list of followers and keep up with your Blog, my Blog is Monkey Business and quilts feel free to look me up sometime birthday twin.
Lorraine

Jill Chapman said...

How exciting to be able to go to the Queen's garden party! My mum's best friend is going this year, her husband was nominated for his work with young people and she is REALLY excited.