Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

2012 bring it on, lots of sewing ......

Ive been surfing my blogs and admiring every ones 2011 finishes, I would love to show you a fancy collage of all my finishes but I'm technically challenged by that so its the usual big pics

First up


My favourite quilt of the year my Roses around the Logcabin, this quilt took me up till May to complete, as it was hand applique.


This sewing machine cover was a quick project and  a nice change, it was made up from left over flowers and its raw edge applique with straight stitch.


Flying Geese Applique Quilt, my quilting really improved a lot this year, I really enjoyed sewing lots of feathers on this quilt.


This is Katie's teddy quilt, I finished the top years ago, so it just needed quilting.

Um that's it really for finishes er that makes a grand total of  four! 


My carry over WIP's


My Poppy quilt, this is definitely my Nemesis and the reason I haven't posted since October, its close ish to a finish and I do love it but I just can't get myself to work on it very often.


My summer distraction was hexies, I took them everywhere and made loads, its bigger now than in the picture, but its nowhere near a finish as I don't like the colour contrast.

Well that's it my 2011 round up.

Happy New Year, I wish you loads of happiness and health!

Happy sewing

6 comments:

charlotte said...

Happy new year Patricia. I was happy to see your post today. I have missed you. Your feather quilting is beautiful! The next one will come together eventually. They always do.

Terri said...

Love your quilts. The hexies look great just like they are... maybe just applique them down and make a whole cloth quilt around them.
Hugs

Lynn Koeppen said...

I love your quilts. Your quilting is awesome! I do love hand applique as well. Hope your new year is filled with lot of finishes!

radio control cars said...

Happy new year with this new and different type of designs.This all designs look really great in all things.I really enjoy this blog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.