Its not my own design but from a pattern I bought last year at a quilt show its by Anja Townrow
When I opened up the pattern when I got home thou I was really disappointed with the pattern sheet included as it has been so badly drawn, the patterns are drawn out on individual A3 sheets not a problem as I can tape them together but the lines marking where to attach each sheet don't align, and the flowers and stems were not symmetrical and are roughly drawn and not what I expected as the pattern was £8 so it went straight into a drawer, but when I saw the quilt up in this years quilt show and it looked so darn nice, I decided to give it another look.
Anyways I traced the good parts and have drawn my own symmetrical flowers and this is where I'm up to
The pieces of applique still need to be shaped, I use the starch and freezer technique follwed by roxanne glue, then I start stitching.
I'm using batiks for the applique pieces and some kona white for the background, I want the colours to pop out at you when its up on the wall, its going to be quite big the patterns states is 24 x 48 but that's with hardly any room above or below the vase so I'm going make it slightly larger so there's room for some quilting.
I'm going to post this to lots of link ups during the week as I'm too slow on my projects to post more often!
I can't make the link up buttons behave themselves and they are all over the place, and Canoe ridge creations button won't play ball at all.