Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Pickle Dish Quilt

My Terrain layer cake by Kate Spain has waited months for me to find the right quilt pattern.

 Terrain by Kate Spain for Moda - SUPER SPECIAL PRICE Layer Cake

Finally inspiration struck and with some Kona white its going to be a pickle dish quilt.

The pattern is from Kaffe Fasset's book Quilt Romance
 

I seperated the smaller prints and used them for the slices/pickles


and the large prints have been cut into squares


This is the planed layout


As with my New York Beauty quilt, I am leaving the centre free for some freemotion quilting.

This post is linked to Ester's Blog and also to Freshly Pieced.

Happy sewing!

15 comments:

Bethany (Make Me A Quilt) said...

Oh WOW, this is going to be an AWESOME quilt! I love the fabrics and the design looks really cool. I'm impressed with the work you've done!

Kim said...

Oh yeah this is the perfect way to use those fabrics. I won the whole Terain collection in fat eighth's last year and have only done a little cutting of the fabrics they are beautiful aren't they?

Happy Sewing on your pickle dish....it is lovely!

Bunny said...

Love this looks amazing.
Bunny

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use of the Terrain fabrics! Great piecing as well.
Amanda

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

can't say enough good here...love love love it!!

Lisa said...

This looks fabulous! I LOVE terrain!

The Nifty Stitcher said...

This is going to be beautiful !!!

Glenda said...

So so fresh looking and perfect sewing, this is going to look stunning. Cheers Glenda

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is looking great - the Terrain is perfect for this pattern :)

Melinda said...

Wow, this is going to be gorgeous. I would love to do something like this but my FMQ leaves a lot to be desired at this point.

Esther Aliu said...

This looks so bright and fresh, love it so far!

Penny Foree said...

This is awesome Patricia. A second WOW!! and I agree with Melinda, gorgeous.

Sue Daurio said...

Those pickle dish blocks are gorgeous. And look at all that wonderful white space for quilting. Can't wait to see it completed.

Rachel Curtis said...

Really pretty fabric x

Kate D. Spain said...

just spotted this now...only two years late! your quilt is absolutely beautiful!! xx